Saturday, April 11, 2009

How to eat a peep.

With Easter coming tomorrow, I thought I would share the best way to enjoy peeps (which, if you're interested, is the best sugary treat choice on Easter according to dieticians).

Step one: Purchase your favorite shape and color. My choice this season was a package of pink bunnies. I prefer the long flat ones to the shorter fat ones.

Step two: Open the package and eat one or two. Make sure you rip the package ALL the way open to enjoy your one or two peeps.

Step three: With the wrapping wide open, place your peeps in an airy area of your home. I am always a fan of the top of the fridge, though this year they made it to the top of the printer.

Step four: Leave them there over night and up to two nights.

Step five: Enjoy your slightly stale, but utterly delicious, sugary marshmallow treats. 

There is, in my opinion, nothing better than the slightly stale peep. I think that the fresh out of the package peeps are too sweet and too chewy. With the slightly stale factor, your peeps have more character, less chewiness, and all of the sweetness they should. It just takes a little fresh air to bring them to full force.

Thanks for joining me on the latest installment of my life as a food snob. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you can call yourself a food snob after talking about eating stale peeps. :P

    ReplyDelete