Friday, April 10, 2009

Picture me happy

Are there things that just make you happy, regardless of what mood you're in? For me, it's this photo:


I took it my senior year of college. It's a photo of the sun setting, September 5, 2006, taken from the back seat of a car. A bunch of us were driving down Highway 1 in Mount Vernon, IA to Iowa City to grab dinner at a sandwich joint. The air was crisp and fresh and the sunset was just perfect.

Whenever I get down, which I've been a lot recently, I dig up things like this and just reminisce about good times. I try to remind myself it'll fall into place again eventually, even if it feels like I've lived a pretty wicked nightmare the last couple of years. 

How can you feel sad when you see such natural beauty and just sit and reflect? I dig it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment